Production blog - Changes made from film review

  Hey everyone! Welcome back to another blog. In this blog I will be reflecting on my friends feedback in order to make changes to my video as mentioned in the last blog. There are a few small problems with our video that my friend Rowyn pointed out. First of all one of the sounds did not fit the overall aesthetic of the video and the plot. And secondly that some of the dialogue parts were a bit hard to hear at some moments due to the environment my group and I were in. In order to solve some of these problems, I went back into CapCut and started tweaking things accordingly. I looked back at the audio and I figured out that it honestly wasn’t right for the scene which is where Lindsay puts the poison in Emerson’s drink. I thought I just look on YouTube for something that would fit better because the audio I previously used was very upbeat and didn’t give off the right vibe for the scene. I needed to change it into something a bit more ominous to fit the tone. I was able to find a mystery/suspense type of sound on YouTube that was copyright free. I downloaded it and then added it to the clip. I sent the new audio to Rowyn and she liked it and thought it was a lot better now. In order to solve the audio issue there was not much I could do due to the environment that I was in, the phone picked up a lot of background noise so it was very hard to record clearly and because there were a lot of people watching my group and I film it was a bit difficult. However I had a couple options, first I tried a voice over and then put that in place of the actual talking. But after adding the clips with the voiceover, it really just did not fit and did not look natural at all. It just made it look tacky and was not right, and took way too much time. So the other option which I did not realize was there was that I was able to enhance the audio using a feature on CapCut which blocked out a lot of the background noises and then made the voices more clear which really helped. 

Another thing that I also changed was after Lindsay the killer, kills Emerson and I the project goes straight to target and shows her picking out a knife, however there was no correlation or explanation so it was very random. I decided to add a small caption that said “one month later” in order to signify that the target scene was later in the plot to not confuse the audience. Finally, I also used a quality editing tool to help enhance some of the visuals on the videos as the videos were not recorded on my phone. The quality was not the best. It was blurry but I was able to use some noise reducing techniques to help with some of the quality. I also decided to add some fun features to help make the movie more unique and creative. When adding the title “Backstabber” I added a green screen of a knife flying across the screen that revealed the title. Which really helped tie it all together. Overall I think my project is pretty much done with the help of some finishing changes and helpful advice from my friends. Can’t wait for you guys to see it bye! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog