Production blog - Finding the perfect songs

 Welcome everyone! With the start of my editing process it is essential that I pick out songs for my final task. My group and I decided the best way to pick out songs was for each of us to go on the web and look for royalty/copyright free music. For the tone of the final task I wanted the music to get progressively darker and scarier. As the movie progresses. Such as having an upbeat pop song in the beginning. Then a more neutral song and then at the end a dark and chilling song. To start the first task was finding an upbeat song to use for the getting ready and hallway scenes. Everyone went on platforms such as safari and youtube to find songs. I decided to look on Youtube. I searched Pop royalty free music. Looking through the results I clicked on different videos listening to each of them for a short bit. However none of them seemed to fit the clips the way I wanted. My group members were also sending sounds they found in the group chat but I didn’t like those either. However I happened to find this one called Godless woman and it has the perfect mix of calm and pop. 

  Making sure it was royalty free I downloaded the song link they provided on Soundcloud. My group members loved the song as well. Finding the other songs to use was a similar process. However I ended up expanding onto different sites like Epidemic Sounds was solely full of royalty free music. I downloaded the different songs along with some backup options that my group members had sent me. In the next blog I will be implementing the songs into my clips. Bye everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog